The dental practice landscape is forever changing. The ODA is evolving to meet these new challenges by providing the member benefits you need to enhance your career and personal life.
Today, more than 9,000 dentists and dental students know the value of membership in the Ontario Dental Association.
ODA Member benefits include:
Joining the Ontario Dental Association is the best career investment you'll ever make. Call 416-922-3900 to speak to a Membership Representative today.
Practice Management Tools
From school to retirement, the ODA offers tools and resources to enhance your career. Whether you own or work in a practice, these tools will assist you. Some of our practice management tools include:
- Fee Guides
- Compliance Resources — Keeping you informed of the latest statutory requirements
- ODA Call Centre — available to answer your questions
- Dentist- and patient-education tools, including brochures and posters
- CDANet — providing faster access to claim payments
- Ontario Dentist, the journal of the ODA published ten times a year
- Customized demographic reports
Promoting the Profession
Dentists are the experts in oral health care. The ODA works to raise patient awareness of the link between their oral and overall health.
- Media campaigns, including Oral Health Month radio, television and billboard campaigns
- Youroralhealth.ca — the online resource for oral health
- Public education tools — consumer brochures and posters
- Media relations — providing the media with a balanced and informed understanding of dentistry and oral health care in Ontario
The ODA ensures your voice is heard by government decision-makers.
- Dentist-patient mediation — a free ODA service
Providing access to the programs you need to stay current with practice management and clinical skills.
- Annual Spring Meeting
- Practice Management seminars
- Live and Recorded Category 1 and Category 2 webinars
Learn, network and add your voice to dentistry at one of 39 provincial component societies.
- Continuing education programs tailored to needs of local dentists
- Social events for networking and having fun
- Directly influence local and regional dental issues, including fluoridation, waste management and more
Health and Personal Finances
The ODA helps members maintain a healthy and balanced lifestyle. as well as sound financial investments for ODA members, their family and staff.
- Extended Health Care Plan — an exclusive member benefit available to all ODA members and their office staff; available as single or family coverage. Protect yourself, your family and your staff with one of the most comprehensive plans on the market
- Insurance and investments — through CDSPI, members can benefit from personalized financial planning advice from professional advisors who understand dentists’ needs, and who offer a wide range of personal and practice-related insurance and investment products.
What Our Members Say
“I’m impressed to see that our association is willing to improve and actually makes the effort to reach out to us young dentists. It’s an honour to be a member of such a proactive association.”
Dr. Julie Boudreault
ODA Member Since 2005
Halton-Peel Dental Association
“My experience with the ODA has been valuable. I am a team player so I want to work together with others to get results. If you don’t have a group like the ODA to look after you and raise a voice, you get nowhere.”
Dr. C.P. Giri
ODA Member Since 1995
Toronto East Dental Society
“The ODA is the voice of dentistry in Ontario. It is an organization that I am proud to be a member of and whose efforts I will always support and appreciate.”
Dr. Jack McLister
ODA Member Since 1976
London & District Dental Society